Great Expectations - Acts 14:1-28
This is a sermon by Liam Hayward from the morning service on 28th February 2021.
Click here to read the bible passage (opens in new window).
Great Expectations – Acts 14:1-28
Expect the gospel to divide v1-5
Expect discipleship to take time v3 and v28
Expect a variety of opposition to the gospel v6-18
Expect to suffer for the gospel v19-22
Expect God to work mightily v23-28
- What expectations of the Christian life and witness did this passage particularly challenge you on? In what ways has God exceeded your expectations, particularly in evangelism?
- How should we go about setting right expectations for Christian living, particularly for new believers?
- How can you tell the difference between a missed opportunity in evangelism and a 'tactical retreat'? How can we apply wisdom on this 'in the moment'?
- How has this passage shaped how you might respond to the variety of opposition to the gospel?
- In what ways have you experienced 'stress-testing' in your Christian life? As far as you can tell, how has God used these experiences?
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.