Sin's Peak - Mark 15:21-41
Mark 15 v 21-41 Sin’s Peak
Intro: Slowing down for the Cross.
1) Stare at the cross, hate your sin and give up being confident in yourself (Look what sin has done)
Calvary shows us what sin has done to our hearts.
Calvary shows us what sin has done to our powers of reason.
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1v9
- Sin means we ABANDON Jesus:
- Sin means we IGNORE Jesus:
- Sin means we INSULT and MOCK Jesus:
We are to hate sin and abandon faith in ourselves.
2) Stare at the cross, love Jesus and put all your confidence in God (Look what God has done)
The glorious details of Mark 15;
- V24 Gambling: Psalm 22
- V27 Criminals: Isaiah 53
- V29 Mockery: Psalm 22
- V36 Vinegar: Psalm 69
We hate Jesus, God loves us.
We abandon Jesus, Jesus is abandoned so God can draw near to us.
We ignore Jesus, he meets our needs.
We mock and humiliate Jesus, he lifts us up so high.
Respond right now!
- The curtain did
- The Centurion did
- The Women did
Copyright information: The sermon texts are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Christ Church Network. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.